UCT Undergraduate Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship
The following are proposed rules and criteria for VC Scholarships:
- are valued at R40 000 per annum
- are valid for three years, subject to a recipient being named on the Dean’s Merit List in his/her faculty, at the levels specified by the faculty
- are not awarded in addition to faculty & Entrance scholarships
A Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship will be offered to an applicant if:
- s/he is among the top ten Mathematics Olympiad, English and Computer Science Olympiad winners in the previous academic year.
- s/he attends a WCED school in the previous academic year, and in the NSC examination achieves among the top 10 applicants in this category applying for admission to UCT in the current academic year.
- s/he attends a school outside of the Western Cape, writes the NSC administered by the Department of Basic Education, and is among the top 15 applicants in this category applying for admission to UCT in the current academic year,
- s/he attends an Independent Examination Board (IEB) school and writes the NSC in the previous academic year, and s/he is among the top 5 UCT applicants in this category.
Process of awarding scholarships
Scholarships are, in most cases, awarded after the final examination results are received, in January . Recipients are informed by email correspondence.